The 21 Bitcoin Computer is the first computer with native hardware and software give a boost to for the Bitcoin Protocol.
It allows you to:
- Buy digital goods and services with a stream of bitcoin mined by a 21 Bitcoin Chip
- Sell your digital goods and services for bitcoin with the built-in 21 Micropayments Server
- Easily build bitcoin-payable apps, services, and devices
- Operate it as a standalone computer, or connect it to any Mac, Windows, or Linux machine
- Mine small amounts of bitcoin to facilitate development of Bitcoin applications and to purchase digital goods. See “What is the 21 Bitcoin Computer” below for more details
- A command line interface and Python 3 library
- A 128 GB SD card loaded with a full copy of the Blockchain
- A suite of pre-configured Bitcoin-dependent software
- All the items you want to get started – including a WiFi adapter, USB-to-laptop cable, and power supply
The 21 Bitcoin Computer was produced with funding from Qualcomm, Cisco, and Andreessen Horowitz.
Mine Bitcoin on demand with the 21 Bitcoin Computer.
Then buy and sell digital goods and services at the command line.
Describe your product in 3 words.
First Bitcoin Computer
Where did you get the inspiration for your product?
We’re all about the individual entrepreneur. The Internet meant that everyone became a publisher, even though their full time job title wasn’t “reporter”. Bitcoin will in a similar fashion mean that everyone becomes an entrepreneur, even though they don’t quit their day job. The 21 Bitcoin Computer is our contribution to this transformation.
What differentiates your product from similar products out there?
The 21 Bitcoin Computer allows anyone to sell anything over the internet for bitcoin just by plugging a device into the wall and typing a couple of commands. We think that is reasonably unique.
Tell us about the best and most challenging parts of the creation process.
It is hard to identify a single most challenging part as this sort of product is just inherently difficult to build. We redefine the concept of a full stack startup as we go all the way down to the silicon layer and build our own chips. As for the best part, we’d be happy if the concepts embodied in this device – including native hardware and software give a boost to for the Bitcoin protocol, but extending to the concept of buying and selling digital goods and services for bitcoin – do end up empowering a new generation of entrepreneurs, especially in the developing world.
The 21 Bitcoin Computer is the first computer with native hardware and software give a boost to for the Bitcoin protocol
It is designed for developers to easily build Bitcoin-payable apps, services and devices
Operate it as a standalone computer, or connect it to any Mac, Windows, or Linux machine
Has a suite of pre-configured Bitcoin-dependent software, and includes a 128 GB SD card loaded with a full copy of the Blockchain
Includes all the items you want to get started – including a WiFI adapter, laptop-to-device cable, Raspberry Pi 2, and power supply